Friday, June 19, 2015

3 Months as a Lewman 2.0



This butterball of lovin.
 My, my, my how this little girl has grown.  Literally she is busting out of her onsies. I cannot contain her thigh rolls any longer in newborn clothes.  She’s now wearing 3-6 month outfits.  Delaney, or “D” as I call her has never met a bottle she didn’t like.  Her teacher Ms. Cassi says she is downing 6 oz per feeding and then likes to take a little siesta.  Her cheeks are like mini mountains of baby sugar!  She is standing on her own and holding her head up like a tipsy college girl.  She is pretty strong with her neck, although I still haven’t actually seen it yet.  I’m sure it’s there but I am not in any rush to locate it under those rolls.  I have no idea how much she weighs but if I were a betting man, I would say 15 lbs., which is giving my arms quite a nice workout.  Here’s what’s been going on in Lewman Land.

Emmy adores Delaney, Delaney is meh.
Delaney is STILL not crying.  I cannot express how grateful I am for this.  She isn’t a mute but she really only fusses if she is cold or hungry.  This morning she was babbling and squealing away in her car seat.  Just learning what kind of singer she’ll be.  She has the most adorable smiles and I absolutely love getting her to snort from pre-giggles (because she’s not quite giggling yet).  She sports what I would call a “bitter-beer-face” about 90% of the time but the rest of it is just happy baby smiles.  It never gets old to anyone in the family.  Someone is constantly tickling her or “tss-tss-tss-tsst’ing” her face.  This is when the magic of having a baby really starts for me.

A little rouge & lipstick.  BIG treat.
Emmy and Delaney are doing SO well at their new school/daycare.  I am really happy that they are acclimating so well.  Emmy is going through a phase where she wants to play by herself.  Friends will ask if she wants to play but she declines and just watches everyone.  Her teacher told me she is not part of the rowdy crowd (she got that from her Dad) but more of the quiet and reserved crowd.  That of course is hard for me to understand so I am trying to ignore my urge to just throw her into a crowd of kids and yell “play or you can’t have cookies ever again!” because that’s not appropriate I’ve heard.  She has one friend that she talks about all the time Shawni and I am so curious to meet her but every time I go to pick-up she has already been picked up.  Maybe this summer she will come around to getting to know everyone at her own pace without any pressure. Since Emmy has been at her new school (4 weeks) she has learned The National Anthem, Pledge of Allegiance, God Bless America, the days of the week, the months and the planets.  I am in awe of how smart she is and how she has grown so much just since Delaney has joined us.  Emmy loves to dress up and wear Mama's shoes, makeup, dresses, scarves, chapstick and especially jewelry. She's got A LOT of personality and equal bossiness. 

Blando & Lemon
Since the first week of March (when Delaney was born) Hayden and Tye have been consumed with baseball.  As much as I love watching them during the season, I am very ready for this season to end and enjoy our summer together.  Hayden has completed his last year of elementary school, which was a lot harder for me to cope with than I thought.  I am definitely a crier but I was even shocked at how emotional I got on his last day.  Jenny, Tye, Mike and I all joined forces and watched him walk through the halls one last time at Cooper Mountain Elementary.  Here’s his final walk as a 5th grader with his best friend Ayden and classmates (and teacher Mr. Lewis):


Aside from that, Tye and I start softball on Sundays at Gabriel Park.  Looking forward to spending time with our friends and family for the games. I have spent a lot of time getting the backyard ready and the hours upon hours of watering flowers/grass.  Sometimes I fantasize about what it would be like to have a sprinkler system….one day!  My Grandma turned 86 years old last week and we celebrated by making her favorite foods; meatloaf,
GG and her wish <3
mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and tiramisu.  Next up is my mom, my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law’s birthdays this summer!  Tye and I are taking a little vacation next week WITHOUT THE KIDS to Petaluma, CA to celebrate our friend Garrett & Kristen’s wedding.  I am really, really excited to spend some time with just with him but I know that I will miss them terribly and look at all the thousands of photos I have taken of them.  Too bad it just happens to be Emmy’s first recital at school that she has been working so hard for.  Thanks to our amazing family, everyone will be there to record for us. 




A busy summer is upon us (aside from baseball) we have a few family trips coming up with camping and birthdays and weddings and there will be LOTS OF SWIMMING.  Here’s a look at the last month to Emmy’s new favorite song.  Thank you so much for reading.  I can’t wait to show this to the girls when they are older.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Year 5: Emmaline Rose

Emmaline is 5 years old.   FIVE YEARS OLD.   The first 3 years went by at a normal pace.   I could enjoy every milestone, every lau...