Tuesday, May 8, 2012

3 Months as a Lewman!

Three months! I have a feeling I am going to start off the remainder of these blogs with "I can't believe how big she is getting"...or "I can't believe she is ___ old already!" But seriously, I can't believe how big she is getting and I can't believe she is 3 months old already!!  She has really started to show off her personality this month.  I love that we are really getting to know her now!  Here are all the details this last month.

Tye and I went to Las Vegas for 4 days away from Emmy. She stayed with Gramma Judi and had a wonderful time.  It was challenging for us at first but we relaxed and tried to enjoy ourselves in the sun.  We were up about $1.75 at one point and then lost it all.  We were able to laugh and be kids in sin city.  If we started to miss Emmy we would mimic the funny faces she makes.  And if we started to miss Hayden we would go pick out something to bring back for him. We were definitely ready to come home to our life though!  

Emmy and her favorite balloon.

GG with Emmy
I started back at work part time the following Monday - and honestly, after Vegas it was a breeze!  I would recommend going on a trip before returning to work because it isn't nearly as difficult in comparison.  Then Emmy started going to my Grandma Helen's (GG) in the morning and I would pick her up at noon.  She had some memorable moments at GG's...or maybe GG had some memorable moments with her!  Here is one that I will remember forever when I walked in to pick her up and she was holding on to her balloon!  

Then Emmy started at her daycare and is we are all very happy with the care. Very detailed reports on what she did that day makes it a little less sad to know I am missing out on 50% of her life right now.  Plus, it's adorable seeing her with another baby and how they interact.

She had her two month check up with Dr. Gleason and she is right on track with her growth!  Doc thinks these blue eyes might just stick!  She is about 13 lbs now but about 50 lbs in her car seat!  She is very "talky" and is constantly moving her arms and legs.  She resembles Elaine Benes dancing from Seinfeld.  Very jerky and sporadic.  My favorite part is that she is starting to smile on cue.  We will smile at her and a huge smile emerges from her face.  She also LOVES staring at herself in the mirror above her swing.  I can't blame her, I love staring at her too. 

Emmy in her swing!







I had to put this video on because it is so funny that she was actually focusing on the wrestling video game and looked like she was throwing punches! Just one of the boys.


Grandma Lew with Emmy at Hayden's game.
In other news, Tye is doing very well at work, top sales in his company.  He is in the works of starting a new band which is awesome for all of us...finally get to see him play again!  And he is still the coach of Hayden's 6-3 baseball team.  Hayden is playing FANTASTIC this season and is really excelling at fielding.  Emmy has been an avid fan as well appearing at almost all his games in support.  We're very proud of his improvement both on and off the field.  He got raving reviews at his parent/teacher conference and has tested for TAG.  Excited to get the results on that in June.  Tye and I are beginning the exterior work on our house - so nice to have our own home.  Big landscaping plans this summer as well as some paint.  Looking forward to many, many memories with our friends at this house.  Two in particular - Kara and Nathan Rudolph.  They will be fully moved home by the end of this month which just makes me about as happy as possible.  WELCOME HOME RUDOLPHS!
Gramma Judi with Emmaline

The Lewman Clan

Looking forward to my 1st Mother's Day with her...she has made my life whole and cannot wait to keep watching her grow. Until next month...

Maybe Emmaline will be crawling...?

3 comments:

  1. Who is that striking young lad in the tuxedo with the moustache goatee combo!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these updates...I enjoy them every month!!! Emmy is an absolute charmer just like the rest of the family!!!

    ReplyDelete

Year 5: Emmaline Rose

Emmaline is 5 years old.   FIVE YEARS OLD.   The first 3 years went by at a normal pace.   I could enjoy every milestone, every lau...